Archers and Wolves

 


Wolf Practice:

    The first screenshot is of the wolf practice that we did following the instructions and demonstrations of the UE4 website. I must admit that this was frustrating at first, but it turned out a beautiful wolf. I am also very pleased of how the animation actually turned out with twenty-thirty minutes.


Archer Animation:
    This is a archer template that I used. To my surprise she turned out beautiful. It took about fifteen-twenty minutes, but she works. It of course needs polishing, but she jumps, idles, drops down, and walks. Truly this little exercise has given me hope and excitement for this upcoming animation project.


2D vs 3D in Principle:
    Now we are in 3d animation, and I must admit that I am excited for it. However, we must keep in mind that there are both similarities and differences between 2d and 3d animation both in practice and principle. The first principle that I definitely want to mention is dealing with the slow in and slow out affect. We did not see or use this in our 2d animations, but it was amazing to use in UE4. It brought the character to life almost automatically, and it was so smooth and breathtaking on how realistic it looked. "Importantly, not everything requires a slow in and out" (Cooper, pg. 33) The principle that also was drawn out and really looked cool in UE4 was the anticipation. With a full 3d character it is a lot easier to see how the body reacts and prepares for each individual move like jumping or running. "Anticipation is used to prepare the viewer for an action," (Cooper, pg. 30)

    With this said, 2d and 3d animation do follow most if not all of the principles of animation, but since it is two different versions of animation, they do tend to act and manipulate how they appear and use each principle. My personal favorite has to be with 3d animation; as it requires more work, but the results are astounding. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forum 3: Animate!